Monday, April 16, 2007

Prayers for Virginia Tech

This is a sorrowful day for many (all of us). They have lost their most precious possession, their children. I simply cannot fathom the grief of a parent losing a child.

Yes, I know, it is a daily occurrence that I have not had to face. Children are dying every day from war, starvation, abusive caregivers, diseases, accidents and many other unthinkable acts. Many countries face the horror of losing their youth... but when it strikes home... our eyes are WIDE open.

We ponder... how could this happen to us? Oh, we must turn our faces back to God. Do I think this was a punishment from God? NO, NO!!!! Tragedies happen, it’s part of living in this unpredictable world.

I do think we are becoming too self-absorbed and forgetting our creator and his purpose for us. We need to return to “One Nation Under God”... “In God We Trust”.

No comments: